As we received plenty of repeated questions from you, we decided to create this thread to post answers here. This thread will keep updating to help you solve your problems.
1.Added support for Thai and Polish languages.
2.Fix known issues.
How to update firmware on the 70mai APP?
Please follow the steps below to perform the firmware update.
1. Open the 70mai APP and tap> My devices. In the device list, find 70mai Dash Cam A800S.
2. If there is available update of the firmware, a small red dot displays on the right side of the device name. Tap the name to enter the detailed device page and tap Firmware Update > Download New Firmware Version.
Note: Firmware download requires disconnecting the Wi-Fi connection to the dash cam.
3. After the download is completed, return to the homepage and reconnect the Dash Cam. After entering the preview screen, there will be a prompt Available update package detected. Push it to the Dash Cam?Tap Push and then connect the dash cam Wi-Fi to complete the push.
4. After the dash cam receives the update package, complete the update in the dash cam screen.
Note: The dash cam should be connected to an external power supply during the update.
5. After the update is completed, you can delete the local firmware package by tappingin the upper right corner of the firmware update page.
We will keep updating this thread, please contact us via email@example.com if you can not find your question on the list.
1.Fix: The memory card is damaged under abnormal circumstances.
2.Fix: Video watermark without speed information.
3.Optimized：Improve the stability of the device's memory card when running.
Q5: Why does Dash Cam A800S not support Parking surveillance mode without 70mai hardware kit? The 70mai Dash Cam A800S and 70mai rear camera consume a lot of power while being activated，using the battery to supply parking surveillance power might lead to a low battery or other special problems.
2nd: Is it possible in update to "fix" menu to be more intuitive to know what codex h.265 or h.264 we are using, I assume that's video storage high compression option( correct me if I'm wrong ) , but I would like to use (low) h.264 and 2k resolution( if it's possible), now on low compression it's just a 1920*1080
3rd: Is it possible in next update to add "turned off automatically in parking" = 1 min after stop ? now it's dont turn off 5/10/20min
4th: Will you planning add 2k resolution with 60fps ?
hello. I have few questions.
1st: Will you planning add Polish language ?
2nd: Is it possible ...
1.You will be able to enable polish as the system language after upgrading the next firmware version 2. You can choose high compression option to recording high resolution videos. 3.Are you using the hardware kit? 4.Yeah, we are planning to add 60FPS mode .But not 2K with 60FPS.
Hi, can someone please upload the new firmware 1.0.0ww as file for updating through the microSD card? Regardles what I do the 70mai android app wouldn't connect to the camera, so I can't update through there. I am currently with version 0.0.51a.ww and it has some problems with the video encoding from the front camera - about every 5 seconds there are broken frames.
Hi, thanks for the link, but you are giving me version 0.0.47, which for me gives 31 kilometres offset in the GPS coordinates. I am looking for version 1.0.0 from date 30.04.2021, which is mentioned in the first post of this thread.
Hi, is there any way to replace the ADAS voice messages (i.e. "vehicle ahead motion detected") with just a beep or something like that? Would you consider adding this option to a future firmware relase?
Hello, I've bought the A800S and it works very well. I don't know if this is the right place to discuss firmware suggestions, I've seen there's a specific thread but it's for another camera model.
With the A800S we've the ADAS functions and I would like to suggest some improvement:
1) can you add a sort of buffer or space for triggering Lane Departure? I've done the calibration successfully and right now it will be triggered as soon my wheels are on the line, but with my guide style (or even in some road) that line will be crossed very often by few centimeters, I figured out it will be useful if you can set something like "trigger Lane Departure if cross more than 10cm or if the car cross the line for more than 3 seconds..etc..)
2) can we have the possibility to switch to some beep(s) pattern instead of the (noisy) voice saying "Lane Departure" very often or "please be aware of the car...etc.." maybe you can put some predefined pattern like 1 beep for lane departure, 2 for collision, 3 for car moving ahead, or you can let user choice from 3 (or more) different beep sounds
3) would be nice if there's the ability to recalibrate the adas/camera, right now I've done calibration during night and on "bad" road where lane sign was not so good so maybe it could be good to perform a new (or second for bettere result?) calibration in other condition to suit better the AI
4) collision detection level (aka Emergency Video trigger) even if set to low, it's still too sensitive, on bad roads with pots or no asphalt the camera is starting recording Emergency Video every minutes or less, it's annoying and also unuseful (I had to disable the option :/)
5) I've noticed the firmware was missing Italian (my first language), I've no problem with english but could be nice if you would add the translation, I'll offer my help if you want (maybe you have a text file with list of words to translate?)
Hello, I've bought the A800S and it works very well. I don't know if this is the rig ...
Thank you for your message. We have received your suggestions and added your suggestion to the suggestion list, we will fix this issue and taking seriously about your suggestion. Thanks for your suggestion again.
Another suggestion, I was involved in a situation where someone was almost hitting me, I stopped the car and turn off the engine (also removed the keys) and the camera went directly off and told me that it will enter in parking surveillance mode after 5 minutes. After 2 minutes checking the car I came back in the car and I wanted to check the video.. My surprise was that the video was not saved :(. I believe it was removed because of the parking surveillance mode.
Could you plese try to save the video when the key is removed and the parking surveillance mode is starting? Even if the video has only 30 secs, those seconds are worth a fortune.
On the new software from April 30, 2021 - after selecting Polish or English - the parking mode cannot be activated. A message is displayed that the correct cable is not connected - although it is connected correctly and current is flowing through it. What to do in that case?